Silent heart attack is emerging as new killer among middle age people. Few months back singer Krishnakumar Kunnath, popularly known as KK was taken to the hospital in Kolkata where he was declared dead before admission and the cause of death was silent heart attack. Actor Siddharth Shukla and producer Raj Kaushal also passed in similar manner in recent past.
What is a heart attack?
Heart attack is the sudden cessation of blood flow to a heart artery due to clot formation, therefore depriving the heart muscle with oxygen and nutrients and damaging the heart muscles.
What is a Silent Heart Attack?
A silent heart attack doesn’t show normal symptoms of heart attack such as severe chest pain or sweating.
In case of KK, he had symptoms of stomach ache and fatigue which he thought as acidity or indigestion tried to treat with self-medications.
Symptoms of heart attack
The usual symptoms of heart attack are severe chest pain, heart burn, severe sweating, pain in arm, jaw or back, feeling of fatigue and uneasiness or feeling like flu. Symptoms of heart attack may vary from person to person.
Major risk factors of heart attack:
Following are the major risk factors contributing towards heart disease, controlling risk factors reduces our risk of getting heart disease.
- Genetic predisposition
- High cholesterol
- Smoking / Alcohol
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Mental stress
Prevention of heart attack
- For preventing heart attack one must control diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol with diet and medications if required.
- If you are overweight then try to reduce weight and central obesity.
- Stop smoking and alcohol as smoking causes narrowing and stiffening of arteries leading to heart disease.
- Be active, do regular aerobic exercise under guidance of qualified trainer, do brisk walking for 30 – 45 minutes per day, avoid taking lift for 1 or 2 floors, try to use staircase instead.
- Mental stress is taking heavy toll on our health. In today’s competitive world, stress has become integral part of our life. For reducing stress learn and practice Yoga and Meditation. Take some time out from your busy schedule for relaxation and recreation. Spend quality time with family and friend. Cultivate and follow some hobby.
- Diet: Diet is a very important aspect of staying healthy and preventing any disease. heart blockage removal without surgery
- For a healthy heart stop eating non vegetarian foods. Avoid dairy and bakery products, avoid refined and processed foods. decrease the quantity of sugar, salt and oil. Eat more fresh vegetables and fruit, eat whole grains instead of white flour.
By taking such measures you can keep your heart healthy & prevent heart related problems. For a free heart health checkup, you can call Vedshri at 8369439101 or you can also visit the website https://vedshri.in/